Six transport topics under the 2018-2020 Horizon 2020 Transport Work Programme 2020 are open for application. The available budget for transport EU co-funded projects provides approximately €92 million under the following topics:
- Mobility for Growth (MG),
- Automated Road Transport (ART),
- Green Vehicles (GV), and
- Next Generation Batteries (BAT) calls.
The applications (submitted electronically) have to present project proposals aiming to make the European transport safer, cleaner and more resilient. The projects will be selected for funding in two-stage evaluation. First, candidates should submit short project proposals by 9 January 2020. They will be then informed within 3 months after the submission deadline if they have qualified for the second stage of the selection process. The full project proposal must be then submitted by 8 September 2020.
The transport topics for application are:
- Cities as climate-resilient, connected multimodal nodes for smart and clean mobility; new approaches towards demonstrating and testing innovative solutions
- Decarbonising long-distance shipping
- Understanding and mitigating the effects on public health of emerging non-regulated nanoparticle emissions issues and noise
- Enhancing coordination between Member States’ actions in the area of infrastructure research with a particular focus on biodiversity and ameliorating environmental impacts and full automated infrastructure upgrade and maintenance
- Network and traffic management for future mobility
- Improving road safety by effectively monitoring working patterns and overall fitness of drivers.
On 7 October, the Horizon 2020 Transport Info Day took place in Brussels. The European Commission (DG RTD, DG MOVE) and INEA presented funding opportunities under the Mobility for Growth (MG), Automated Road Transport (ART), Green Vehicles (GV), and Next Generation Batteries (BAT) calls and gave an overview of the application and evaluation process as well as tips for writing a good proposal. If you missed the event you can find the agenda, the presentations, and recordings of the sessions here.
Find more information about how to receive the EU funding and apply on the Funding & tenders opportunities website and become as ELVITEN project a part of the Horizon 2020 funded project and help to green the transport sector. #LetsGoElectric #H2020Transport