Berlin, the German capital, is one of the six ELVITEN pilot sites. Boasting 3.5 million inhabitants with multiple electric car sharing companies throughout the city, ELVITEN provides free testing and integration of charging networks. Berlin is also one of the pilot sites that will begin the testing of 10 electric scooters as of April 2019.
ELVITEN is happy to announce that the Regional Support Group (RSG) of Berlin has been put together and the agreements have been signed. This constitutes a major step towards the objective of the project which is encouraging the urban population and fleet operators to incorporating Electric Light Vehicles into their daily lives and consequently make their use more popular.
We are happy to welcome the following partners to the RSG of Berlin:
Our partners are all committed to making the future more sustainable. Here is a quick look at how:
- Forschungscampus (Federal Ministry of Education and Research) promotes education and research as the foundation for the future providing the basis for leading an autonomous and responsible life within industry and society.
- RYDIES- urban micro-mobility solutions provides a platform and business-to-business (B2B) marketplace to link mobility service providers to their customers.
- Yoove is an agency with mobility and sustainable at its core.
- ZIV: Zweirad-Industrie-Verbrand is a national representation of interests and the service provider of the German and international bicycle, e-bike, component and accessory industry. Initiatives such as ProFahrrad promoting cyclists and cycling.
- eBee: smart technologies provides affordable and easily accessible public charging stations that synergise with city infrastructure.
- eMO: Berlin agency for electromobility brings together experts in business, politics, science and administration while supporting the initiation, execution and marketing of regional, national and international innovation of projects in the field of smart mobility.
- EUREF Campus Berlin hosts currently 3,500 people working, researching & learning in more than 150 companies, institutions and startups around the topic of energy, mobility and sustainability.
- LEVCON (Light Electric Vehicle Configurator) is a Berlin based company developing and selling EVs for business and private purposes with a focus on customized solutions in order to support dynamic processes in production and logistics.
The RSG serves a multitude of purposes. Members engage actors outside of the ELVITEN project consortium such as companies, authorities and associations that will support the demonstrations. This may consist of fleet operators, charging point operators, electric vehicle manufacturers, road infrastructure operators, public authorities, service providers and other organisations that are involved or interested in electromobility. This includes research organisations, academics and the media. On the other hand, all members of the RSG provide valuable feedback regarding varying aspects of dissemination in order to help clarify and understand market needs and expectations. They are also an invaluable asset in the circulation of project achievements and ensuring the visibility of the ELVITEN project.
The members of the RSG benefit from visibility through events and as active participants in the ELVITEN project. Furthermore, members will be informed about all project developments and invited to meetings & workshops with the opportunity to participate in discussions concerning the organisation of the demonstrations.