ELVITEN demonstrates how electric light vehicles (EL-Vs) can be used in urban areas and be integrated into the existing transport network of six European cities.
We propose replicable usage schemes for EL-Vs such as electric bicycles, tricycles, scooters and quads. Our consortium unites 21 partners from multiple European countries.
PROJECT INFORMATION AND FUNDING
- Name of Project: Electrified L-category Vehicles Integrated into Transport and Electricity Networks
- Starting Date: 1 November 2017
- Project Duration: 36 months
- Total Cost: EUR 9.5 million
- EU Contribution: EUR 7.8 million
- Project Coordinator: Dr. Angelos Amditis (ICCS)
- Commit to more innovative and more sustainable transportation in Europe.
- Supports shared electric mobility for urban travellers and delivery companies.
- Pursues smooth market deployment for a greener urban future.
- Demonstrate the advantages of EL-Vs in six European cities.
- Integrate existing charging stations into in a wide, open platform for users.
- Incentivise the use of EL-Vs for occasional and regular urban travellers through easy-access tools.
- Analyse trip and user data to make recommendations available to public authorities in other European cities