European Transport Conference 2020 – virtual
9 Σεπτεμβρίου - 11 Σεπτεμβρίου
Each year the annual European Transport Conference (ETC) presents the opportunity to interact with a range of speakers across the Transport Industry. The range of topics, the multi-seminar approach and the networking environment make ETC unique among transport conferences.
The conference brings together researchers, policymakers and practitioners around ideas and visions of transport at European, national, regional and local levels. The ETC 2020 will be held from 9 to 11 September 2020 in an Online format.
The conference will keep its unique identity of a multi-disciplinary, multi-seminar format but in an online environment. There will be a choice of up to 10 simultaneous seminars per day plus plenary sessions on the first and second days.
Coverage of major themes including:
- Climate change.
- Autonomous Vehicles.
- Large infrastructure projects.
- The future of transport.
- Gender and diversity in transport.
- Car-free cities – throughout the world.
- How are sustainable urban plans being implemented in cities?
- How are professional qualifications for “transport planners” obtained in different countries? How are young people encouraged to take up a career in transport? What are the study paths in different countries?
- The importance of communication between professionals and decision-makers in terms of policy implementation – what common language and understanding is needed to make progress?
- The language of mobility – how can we send a positive message about transport?
- Themes covered by the Programme committees can be found here.